1. All applicable sales, use, transfer or excise taxes arising from sale will be charged to Buyers, and will be added to the purchase price in accordance with local and/or state law.
2. Winning bidders MUST pay by wire transfer unless prior arrangements have been made with Centurion to pay an alternate way in which an additional fee may apply. Full payment must be received within 2 business days.
3. Centurion may charge a Buyer’s premium of up to nineteen percent of the final sales price and will be added to Buyer’s purchase price. The Buyer’s premium may be adjusted at Centurion’s discretion.
4. No purchases may be removed until after conclusion of the timed auction and full payment has been received. All necessary insurance and payment forms must also be submitted to Centurion.
5. Acceptance of bid is a commitment to purchase and binding on Buyer, its principals, agents, successors and assigns. Buyers or their agent(s) must pay for, accept delivery, and remove the items/lots purchased. Buyers are solely responsible for packaging, loading, removing and/or shipping of the items/lots purchased and to proceed diligently in such removal. Buyer agrees to contact owner/seller within 24 hours to arrange pickup/delivery. Items/lots must be removed within 10 business days of receiving notification of winning bid. If purchases are not removed within the required time limit the purchased items/lots will be deemed abandoned and payment will be forfeited. Buyers are responsible for checking the quantities of the items/lots purchased. No adjustments in quantities will be made after the items/lots are picked up by buyer or buyer’s agent. Once a bid is accepted, neither Centurion nor owners will be liable for any loss, shortage, damage or liability arising from or as a result of any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, negligence, any act or omission, strikes, industrial disputes, civil disruptions, war, terrorism, natural disaster, acts of God, and/or or any other event or occurrence in or beyond Centurion’s or owner’s control. Buyers are advised to pre-arrange insurance coverage of their purchases on award of bid.
6. Buyers are responsible for all risk of loss, property damage, personal injury caused by removal, and all costs of removal of items/lots purchased. A certificate of insurance reflecting adequate insurance coverage (as required by seller), holding Centurion, owners and landlords harmless against any damage must be furnished to Centurion at Centurion’s sole discretion and requested prior to such removal. Buyer's obligations with regard to removal further include the obligation to repair and restore any damage to the real property or permanent improvements where the purchased items/lots are located. Buyers de-installing items/lots purchased MUST be or use professional, experienced, qualified de-installers and provide to Centurion a certificate of insurance or bond in an amount of no less than One Million ($1,000,000) Dollars, prior to performing such work.
7. If, for any reason whatsoever, Centurion fails to deliver an awarded item/lot, the Centurion's sole liability shall be the return of any deposit or monies paid on said item/lot, and Buyer shall have no further claim whatsoever including without limitation direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidental damages
8. Items/lots may be offered subject to a reserve price without notice to the bidders. If a bid is received within the final ten minutes of a timed auction, the bidding time may be extended in increments of up to ten minutes.
9. Centurion may, at their sole discretion, without reason, notice or liability of any kind, at any time prior to or after commencement of the timed auction, but prior to close of bidding, alter, withdraw or vary any or all items/lots, refuse to accept any bid or terminate bidding on any or all items/lots, or cancel the timed auction entirely.
10. The advances, progression, and rules in the bidding shall be regulated at the sole discretion of the Centurion. Centurion reserves the right not to acknowledge or accept any bid. Centurion further reserve the right to refuse any bid for any reason.
11. ALL ITEMS/LOTS IN THE TIMED AUCTION ARE PURCHASED “AS IS” AND “WHERE IS” IRRESPECTIVE OF CONDITION, WEAR, DAMAGE, AND WITH ALL FAULTS. All sales of items/lots are final and without any warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind or nature whatsoever, either express or implied, written or oral, as to the design, condition, merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, quality, capacity, workmanship, or that any items/lots will satisfy the requirements of any law, rule or regulation. It is Buyer’s sole responsibility to provide proper safety devices and equipment or the means to meet all government safety standards or any other laws, including any environmental protection or other public protection laws, licenses or regulations. Buyer specifically relieves, releases, indemnifies and holds Centurion and owners/sellers harmless, from and against any and all responsibility, damages, claims, fines, penalties, judgments, actions, lawsuits, and/or liability of every kind and nature, including without limitation payment of Centurion’s attorney’s fees and costs, in connection with or as a result of any breach of Buyer’s obligations, duties or responsibilities described herein or for violation of any provision of these Terms of Sale. In the event Centurion must enforce these Terms of Sale against Buyer in a court of law, in addition to all other available remedies, Buyer will be responsible for Centurion’s attorney’s fees and costs.
12. Quantities, descriptions, weights, measurements, dimensions, serial and machine numbers, year and model set out on the items/lots in the auction brochures, catalogues, any advertisements, seller information, and/or invoices are believed to be accurate. However, Centurion, owners, or advertising counsel are not responsible or liable for any discrepancies, inaccuracies or failure of the items/lots to correspond with any written or verbal representation of such information made by or on behalf of either the Centurion or owner, or any perceived or expected standard or custom, or any other particulars such as the genuineness or authenticity of any items/lots. No item/lot shall be sold or deemed sold by description or such information and Buyer shall not be entitled to rely thereon. All such information is given by way of identification only and no warranty, condition, representation or guarantee is made, given or is to be implied. Centurion and/or owner are not responsible or liable for any damage or loss (direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) arising as a result of any inaccuracy in respect thereof. There is no right of inspection granted to any prospective buyer, before, during, or after the auction. It is at Centurion and seller’s sole discretion to grant inspection if requested.
13. In the event Centurion must enforce these terms of sale in a court of law they shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois (excepting any conflict of laws or provisions which would serve to defeat application of Illinois substantive law). Each of the parties to this Agreement hereby irrevocably and unconditionally: (A) consents to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Cook County, Illinois for any proceeding arising in connection with this Agreement and each such party agrees not to commence any such proceeding except in such courts, and (B) waives any objection to the laying of venue of any such proceeding in the courts of Cook County, Illinois.
14. These Terms of Sale may not be changed, amended or modified except by Centurion, and maybe changed and modified by Centurion at any time.
15. All materials including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, and written and other materials that are a part of this web site are copyrights, trademarks trade dress and/or other intellectual property owned and controlled by Centurion
16. No information on this web site may be copied, reproduced uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, and any modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Centurion’s copyright and or other proprietary rights.
17. There is not necessarily a relationship between Centurion and those that have a hyperlink on this site.